Can I book an apartment for my son/daughter?
Absolutely. The booking of the apartment only requires a contact email which we will use to put you in contact with the agent who will help you through the contract signing process, after the booking has been made.
What do “full year”, “both semesters”, and “first” & “second” semester mean?
These are the time frames within which you can book apartments.
- Full year: the apartment is only available for a 12-month tenancy agreement.
- Both semesters: the apartment is available for a full 12-month contract, or a 6-month contract for the fall or spring semester.
- Fall & spring semester: the apartment is only available for rent for the specified semester.
Can I use Segoflats without being a student of IE University?
Yes, Segoflats is open to anyone looking to rent apartments in Segovia.
Where does Segoflats operate?
For the time being our services are offered in Segovia, but starting in September 2019 we will have apartments for rent in Madrid as well!
I booked an apartment – now what?
Great, you’ve taken your first and most important step to living comfortably in Segovia! The next steps are:
- Receive a confirmation email of the availability of the apartment (you will not be charged before this)
- Get in touch with the agent whose contact details we have provided you with in the confirmation email.
- Sign the tenancy agreement with the landlord (your agent will help you through it!)
- That’s it! You’re ready to move in!
Can I visit an apartment before booking it?
Yes. By clicking on “schedule a visit” on the page of the apartment you’d like to see, you can allocate three time slots which would suit you for a visit. We will reply with a confirmation of one of these time-slots, or suggest some others in the case the agent is unavailable at these times.
Keep in mind that scheduling a visit does not reserve the apartment for you, and will be available for others to book.
What do I get when paying the reservation payment?
The payment of the reservation payment reserves that apartment for you for the specified time period. It also provides you with the following great benefits:
- Free storage and move of your belongings from your apartment to your new Segoflats apartment the following year.
- The contact of an English-speaking local agent who will support you throughout your stay with any issues that may arise in your home.
When am I charged for the booking?
When you pay the initial reservation fee, you will not be charged yet. Only once we have confirmed the availability of the apartment will we charge your account, while simultaneously putting you in contact with the agent who will guide you through the next steps of the process. In the unlikely case that an apartment is not available, your card will not be charged at all and you will be informed of this immediately.
How are reservation fees calculated?
The reservation fee is calculated as a percentage of the monthly rental price of the apartment.
Do I sign a tenancy agreement with Segoflats?
No, the tenancy agreement is signed between the tenant (you) and the landlord after the apartment has been booked via Segoflats. Once the availability and respective successful payment has been confirmed, we will put you in contact with the English-speaking agent who will guide you through the rest of the process.
How long are the contracts I will sign?
Contracts in Segovia are uniformly 12-month contracts, with some exceptions. Rentals for a single semester are most often 6 months, although some landlords may allow 4-month contracts. These details will be displayed in the description of the apartment, so be sure to read it in full to ensure you know what time span you are committing yourself for.
Is Segoflats safe?
Our site has a security certificate with regard to any information you supply us with, as indicated on the right of the URL by “https” and a green lock next to the text “secure”.
I am an incoming first-year or exchange student and I am looking for more information on living in Segovia – can Segoflats help?
Of course! We are happy to help with any queries you may have regarding living in Segovia as an IE student. Contact us directly through the contact form on our page and we will answer any questions you have! Keep in mind, we have studied at IE Segovia ourselves, so we know the ins and outs of the city.